04 February 2015

The (Really) Dark Knight



In my attempt to make the Dark Knight truly dark, my painting is taking a little longer (plus I'm limited to 20 mins every couple of days right now). After painting his body suit and cape I went back in with Army Painter Matt Black, watered down extensively into a wash.

I gave the model an overall coat of the wash then went back in adding more to the shadows. It looks really cool right now, so long as you have lots of light (else he just looks black!) – a bit too subtle perhaps so next I will look at some sharp highlights to finish him off.




As you can see his Batmobile arrived and whilst a little on the small side (Batman's raised base doesn't help) it's not ridiculously undersized.




In addition I have other models waiting in the wings. Robin here is just waiting for his resin base topper to arrive so I can get him finished and undercoated. Can't wait to see these two together, painted, with the car!


4 comments:

  1. Is that an Aetherium mat hiding under Batman???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha… excellent spot Bill – it's an early prototype with the squares the wrong size, but makes a great table protector!

      Delete
  2. Nice blacks, I've found scenic bases to to be a bit of a visual letdown when using models with vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is definitely a clash of interests, having scenic bases next to cars. However, the car will be little more than a terrain piece so I'm not too worried.

      Delete