12 August 2013

Inspirational Art…

Wonder Woman by Artgerm

My enthusiasm for digital art has found a new level, as regular visitors of the blog will be aware. Deviant Art is the website where artists and photographers go and show off their talent, whether beginners or professionals, and it is a superb resource for inspiration.

Industry visionaries like Stanley "Artgerm" Lau caught my eye during my initial visits to the website. Yet as my interest has developed and I've dipped my toes back into the art pool, I've found more applicable inspiration.

As much as the polished finished work (as above) are amazing, I'm finding what artists refer to as 'speedpainting' of more value. Being a graphic designer, I find the more abstract aspects of the speedpaintings very appealing – the ability to describe an element or scene with a few simple strokes is fantastic to me, and is the direction in which I want to develop.

With this in mind I thought I'd showcase my Top 5 Deviant Art Artists and Artworks. Enjoy!

Stout by Mr Jack
One of my favourite artists, Mr Jack has done a lot of work for Blizzard. His polished pieces are amazing but, as I said, I find his speed art (like Stout above) simply aspirational.


Planet Unknown by Lingy-O
Lingy has a lot of texture in his art and some fantastic speed art, simple gestures allowing your eyes to fill in the blanks to create the scene.


Red Robot by Zedig
I love almost everything Zedig does and a true inspiration at present.


There Was Rain by Amirzand
Amir has a very abstract feel to his work and I love the shapes used to create this picture.


Data Mage by Madspartan013
I love this piece by Madspartan, lots of texture and simple shapes to build up an image full of emotion.


More art to come, and a big announcement on Wednesday this week!



3 comments:

  1. Those are quite stunning but Mr Jack is exceptionally stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All amazing, but the quality of light and use of perspective in Zedig's work is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I love about these images over, for example, Wonder Woman at the top of the page is that you can see the individual 'paint' strokes that make up the image and almost work out how it was created.

    However, I do find Wonder Woman quite an inspiring piece, for completely different reasons ;)

    ReplyDelete