15 November 2011

Blogshare: Painted Addiction


I have lots of names in my "blogs I'm following" list, as I guess you have too. Some haven't posted in months, some I haven't visited in months. Some I visit almost every day or at least every time they post regardless of what the post is about.

This select few make up the core of my blog visiting routine in a morning and I wanted to share them with you (in no particular order) and say thank you to some talented individuals. Some already have a massive following, some just a handful of dedicated visitors but they all strike a chord with my own gaming… and maybe yours too.


First up is Painted Addiction

I'll be honest with you, I added this blog to my list when its author Rob started following my blog, by way of courtesy and support. I didn't really pay much attention at this point, just clicked to follow and that was that.


However, all credit to Rob – who is over in New Zealand – he has consistently posted things of interest. Great models, conversions, battle reports and not stuck with any one gaming system either.

He struck a chord when he started painting up some cowgirls for Legends of the Old West, a book I have on my own gaming shelf. He flagged up his research and thoughts prior to painting and showcased his models throughout. From here he moved on to Pirates (again female) and his fantastic pirate ship conversion. This sparked my interest to the point where I've actually ordered some of the same pirates for my own gaming.


In amongst these projects are posts about Gladiator, Warmachine, Infinity and a good game or two of Battletech – a system that I know nothing about but the posts have great in-game photos.


Painted Addiction is one of those blogs that wears its heart on its sleeve. It doesn't claim to be a source of all knowledge, it's just a guy sharing his gaming experiences and thoughts on his blog. It always has great photos, great models and I've really enjoyed reading it (and will continue to do so). Thank you.

Go visit Painted Addiction now!

All images on this post are the copyright of Painted Addiction.

3 comments:

  1. Will go over and give him the once over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, a good site. he got himself another follower
    /J

    ReplyDelete
  3. He would have had another one had I not already been following him... :)

    ReplyDelete